Warehousing provides a critical link between suppliers and consumers. As demands for online ordering and same-day shipping become more prevalent, warehousing effectiveness and efficiency become all the more critical.
Excessive handling, wasted travel and picking errors can cause delays in shipping and inadequate customer satisfaction results. It is vtal to?correctly implement technology and processes?to fulfill orders with the least associated cost.
Argent Global Services works with its clients to implement improvements on the warehouse floor. Our hands-on approach and industrial engineering expertise assure that clients receive measurable results and not just a conference room presentation.
VantageRPM is a Labor Management System that provides individual and organizational performance and productivity reporting, labor utilization tracking, and manpower planning. Flexible user definable organizational structure for reporting and charting by enterprise, region, district, facility, department, activity, skill, shift, supervisor?and?associate.
Some of the benefits of using VantageRPM are:
- Quick access to productivity charts and reports
- Accurate manpower planning
- Built-in performance appraisals
- Identification of non-productive time and root causes
- Operational visibility
- Ability to manage employee recognition and incentive programs
- Improved productivity and time utilization?
Best methods are a systematic approach for performing work that results in maximum output with the least down-time at the lowest possible cost. Implementing best methods helps companies to:
- Eliminate non-value-added steps
- Improve workflow
- Streamline training
- Raise quality
- Ensure consistency
- Enable managers to identify personnel issues
- Reduce costs
Engineered labor standards provide associates with fair and accurate productivity goals and supply management with objective performance measurement data. Argent has helped hundreds of companies around the world to establish fair and effective productivity standards within their operations. Some of the benefits of engineered labor standards are:
- 10-40% labor cost reduction
- Accurate goals that are sensitive to workload and volume fluctations
- Fair and equal basis for performance measurement
- Foundation for effective labor planning and performance reporting
Argent’s experience and industrial engineering background make us uniquely qualified in providing companies with accurate labor standards and productivity measurement solutions.
Argent Global Services has extensive experience in providing layout services to a myriad of industries and organizations. What sets an Argent layout apart is our approach. Whenever we are engaged by an organization, our objective is always the same… to assist our client in improving productivity and service while reducing operating costs and enhancing profitability.
An Argent designed layout is based upon a detailed understanding of workflow, procedures and processes, technology, and staffing. Argent?s engineering and consulting expertise goes into every layout. This ensures our clients of receiving a thoughtful design that incorporates an efficient workflow, best practices, appropriate technology, and proper staffing levels. Some of the benefits of working with Argent to implement a new layout are:
- Improved workflow
- Reduced costs
- Elimination of bottlenecks
- Reduced travel times
- Better productivity
Argent Global Services is a leader in providing organizations with realistic and measurable business solutions. Our experienced business consulting teams couple proven process engineering techniques and real-world business understanding to uncover operational opportunities for our clients.
Once opportunities are fully explored, Argent works with clients to implement solutions that provide lasting change. Some of the benefits of working with Argent include:
- Accurate assessment of opportunities
- Independent and unbiased review of operations
- Rapid development of road map for improvement
- Outside viewpoint
- Real-world know how
- International, multi-industry experience
Argent Global assists clients in optimizing their operations to reduce costs, remove waste, improve quality, and raise service levels. Argent’s certified Lean trainers also provide workshops that give your staff the knowledge needed to transform your organization into a Lean Enterprise. Below is a partial list of classes that Argent provides:
- Lean Overview: Introduction to Lean Concepts and Benefits
- Lean Essentials?: 5-Day Comprehensive Lean Workshop
- 5S Workshop: Quick-Hitting Productivity Improvement Workshop
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Workshop: VSM Training Workshop
- Kaizen Event: Hands-On Productivity Improvement Event
Argent also provides industry-specific Lean classes:
- Lean Manufacturing: Applying Lean in Manufacturing Operations
- Lean Distribution: Applying Lean to Distribution Processes
- Lean Health Care: Applying Lean in Health Care Organizations
- Lean-Lab: Applying Lean in the Clinical Laboratory
- Transactional Lean: Applying Lean in Support, Service and Administrative Operations
A Kaizen Event targets a specific function/operation to quickly identify opportunities for development of?solutions to problems and then implements those solutions in a very short time period (perhaps within five days).
Argent conducts Kaizen Events with clients around the globe. These events help companies to rapidly deploy solutions that improve productivity and operational effectiveness.?
Kaizen Events have proven to help companies raise quality levels, achieve linear production, decrease cycle times, improve on-time deliveries, and increase productivity – all of which result in reduced costs and more satisfied customers.
?Pull? production involves the utilization of specific triggers that are used to drive production based on actual customer requirements as opposed to forecasts.
Overproduction and associated wastes can be eliminated through establishing a well-defined pull system.
Argent’s expertise in this area allows us to assist our clients in designing and implementing a pull system strategy that meets their specific requirements.
One of the simplest ways for organizations to improve operational performance is to conduct a 5S project. It is a quick hitting common sense approach that allows operations to immediately implement process enhancing solutions with easy buy-in from employees.
Because of this, it is a great tool for helping organizations transform into a Lean Enterprise.
5S techniques enable organizations to sort out unnecessary items including equipment, fixtures and documentation. However, 5S is much more than industrial housekeeping. Valuable by-products of 5S programs include an organized work environment, increased workspace, improved productivity, reduced supply costs and a more standardized work environment.
Argent can help your organization implement a 5S program today that will lay the foundation for operational improvement for the future.
Starting with a comprehensive inventory of strengths and shortfalls, Argent helps companies to develop a long-term strategy that promotes growth and profitability. Whether reviewing existing products and services or evaluating the impact of new technologies, Argent provides an independent and unbiased assessment of improvement opportunities.
- Create a road-map for implementation
- Deliver solutions that promote growth and efficiency
- Improve organizational structure effectiveness
- Identify initiatives that minimize costs and maximize output
- Align people, processes and technology with business vision
Some of the benefits of working with Argent include:
- Outside viewpoint of opportunities
- Independent and unbiased review of technologies and tools
- More effective use of capital expenditures
- Significant return on investment
- Expedited road map to achieving goals and objectives
Having a successful project is important to you and it is important to us. At Argent Global Services, we have managed hundreds of projects for clients across many industries around the world. We are passionate about success and making sure that our clients get the results they expect and deserve.
We have the experience, tools and expertise needed to see projects through to successful completion. Argent helps clients to avoid pitfalls that are common when internal resources are spread too thin. Our project managers work directly with management and hourly staff to ensure that goals are established and tasks are completed on time.
Below are a few examples of the project management services that Argent provides:
- Lean implementations
- Facility relocations and consolidations
- Equipment selection and installation
- Packaging and assembly line balancing
- Technology assessments and RFP?s
- Process re-engineering and training
- Layout optimization and equipment transitions
In order to stay competitive in todays global economy it is imperative for companies to continually improve their operational performance. Regardless of the industry, it is critical to optimize resources in order to achieve:
- Lower operating costs
- Increased capacity and hourly output
- Reduced lead times
- Improved profits
Argent has helped hundreds of companies to improve productivity while raising their quality and service levels. We utilize proven process engineering and lean techniques that enable companies to streamline operations and utilize their resources more effectively.
Todays businesses require rapid response to changes in technologies, markets, and competition. Argent can assist your company in structuring operations to effectively meet these challenges.
Argent’s focus is to help companies improve operational efficiency, quality and customer service levels. We begin by evaluating current and upcoming operating conditions and provide recommendations for streamlining efforts and improving communication channels. The advantages of working with Argent to develop an organization structure are:
- Accurate assessment of operational needs
- Rapid recommendations for future state
- Independent and unbiased review
- Road-map for implementing proposed organization structure
- Multi-industry experience
- Outside viewpoint